home about portfolio shop decorating services contact

Monday, September 26, 2011

Mood Board Link Up

Today I am linking up to Mood Board Monday link-up at Pewter & Sage. This Monday's inspiration of wallpaper was a joint collaboration between Sarah of Pewter & Sage and Cathy of Room Rx.

I chose Layla Grayce's Spherica Parchment wallpaper as my inspiration for my mood board. I loved the elegance of the colors and the dimension as well as playfulness of the pattern. I decided I would use the circles as a recurring theme through the relaxed living room space I would create. The star would be the wallpaper but I would add pops of color for more interest. I hope you enjoy it.

Spherica Parchment Wallpaper
Spherica Parchment Wallpaper

Here is the board I created. I hope you like it.

1. Color Palette- I used the parchment hues and pale grey from the wallpaper as the base for the palette. I decided to add turquoise and deep orange hues for color pops and a hint of black to ground the space.

Souces (alphabetically):
 2. Splayer Sofa – the lines and the playfulness of the design (with the tufting) and the casual fabric (raw cotton and burlap) with whipstitching are what drew me to this piece, called the "undone sofa".
 4. Benson Chair – this adds true elegance in style and color, which stays true to the neural palette. Also the deep seat lends comfort to this relaxed living room.
 5. Terai Folding Chair – a fun piece which brings in the pop of orange and some black as well as pattern.
 6. Waving Stripes Curtain – these look beautiful and add a striped pattern in muted tones within the palette and do not compete with the wallpaper.
10. Festival Rug - fun, circular pattern within the color palette adds interest to the floor. The main rug.
11. Doily Rug - I thought it would be nice to add another rug, circular, to the side of the main rug, perhaps by the Terai chair.
12. Illusion End Tables - my thought would be to place two of these tables side-by-side to create a coffee table.
14. Brooklyn Floor Lamp - an addition of black and a perfect accessory to this eclectic space without making the room heavy.
 8. “Amelie” Mirrored End Table - circular element and I like anything mirrored in a room.
20. Spherica Parchment Wallpaper.
19. Black and White Moroccan Pillows - a pair on either end of the sofa would add a pattern and some more black. Very pretty pattern.
 9. Celebration Tree Art - I love this artwork. I think it adds so much interest and draws in more of the color palette yet is subdued enough to work appealingly with the wallpaper.
13. Green Printed Flower Pillow  - perfect and easy addition of colors with stripes.
16. Sequin Circles Pillow - again, more color pop.
 7. Foucault’s Orb Crystal Chandelier - I absolutely had to add this stunning fixture which has the circular element and is so beautiful and unique. Sure to be a conversation piece.
 3. Deeply Rooted Club Chair - the frame and whimsical aspect of this chair make it a winner. It also has a sizeable seat and is perfectly neutral in color for a pop of pillow color. Another interesting piece.
18. Glazed Ginger Velvet Bolster - Beautiful and easy color accessory.
15. Glazed ginger Suzani Lumbar Pillow - Circular pattern and color necessary accessory.
17. Mallard Green Velvet Pillow - color pop.
In summary, I have used fun yet comfortable and interesting neutral colored main seating pieces and one colorful chair with the addition of accessories tying in more bright color as well as some metal, mirror, stripes, the recurring circular element and a touch of black. This results in a visually interesting, eclectic living room.
I would love a room like this. Do you like what I have created?
Do visit Pewter & Sage and take a look at the other mood boards.
If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa