home about portfolio shop decorating services contact

Friday, October 5, 2012

Positioning the living room rug & dining room curtains update

The chevron knot rug is heavenly. And I say that because the texture feels just wonderful!




 
I wanted to lighten things up in the living room and downplay the formality of the space with the more traditional and a few global pieces of furniture. My living room truly is an eclectic playground of colors and styles.

 
The living room is 22' x 14'. The previous rug had been removed a few months ago while I searched for something different. The rug arrived. I had a number of pieces of furniture to move to make way for it and I did it by myself.
 
 
But first, the rug pad had to be place in the exact position I wanted. Then I had the rug (still rolled up) all ready to position when I realized it needed to be moved width-wise on the rug pad. I had to haul it gradually; it was very heavy. Then I opened it up, straightening the rug pad as I went along.

It is not an easy task if you take it on all by yourself after moving furniture aside. But like I had said before, I was not waiting for help.
 

 
 Rug pad and rug need to be perfectly aligned before the unravelling or else...
 
 
 
Quite frustrating! I nudged the rug over from the opposite side, straightening it even more as I went along. Made of wool and cotton, it had some give to it and so I then gradually pulled/stretched it at the end.

 
 
 
Not an easy feat but well worth the effort.
And then all the furniture was moved back in.


In the meantime, the dining room curtains have had the beaded trim added to the bottom to increase the length. I picked them up last week and they are look great. They currently lie on my dining table.




I have to reinstall the rod and get these curtains up next.

Enjoy your weekend! We hope to enjoy some fun fall activities; perhaps some apple-picking.
 
If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.
 
I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.